Two Days Introductory Course
This course is appropriate for researchers and other professionals, from any discipline, who would like to apply mixed methods or use an innovative method for their research into complex social systems.
- Day 1 will show you what computational modelling can do.
- Day 2 is a hands on course, which will give assistance to anyone who is thinking of designing and building their first simulation model. It provides an introduction to designing, specifying and coding simple models, and supervised practice.
The course will also briefly review other parts of a modelling methodology, including formulating a research question, validation, and reporting conclusions.
Entry level: No prior knowledge of modelling needed to attend the course
- 9 - 10 February 2010 - University of Surrey
- 10 - 11 May 2010 - University of Surrey
- 30 November - 1 December 2010 - University of Surrey
- 22 - 23 February 2011 - University of Surrey
- 11 - 12 May 2011 - University of Surrey
Further information is on the courses page.